Comment on page
- Click on the Add Investment button from your Investments Page.
- The dropdown button will present a list of your sector profiles and ask you to select the entry round at which the fund is entering this investment. For example if you are adding a Series A investment in the FinTech profile you would go to FinTech Profile > Series A. Once clicked, you’ll see an Investment Editor open up.
- Enter data on this investment's name, sector, geography etc. The only required field is Investment Name.
- Under the Performance Case section you can now define the terms of the rounds the company has had, as well as future rounds you expect the company to have.
- Click on Edit for the first round and set the investment date and investment terms.
- Click on Edit for the round to open the Event Editor
- The Event Editor enables you to set the parameters of the round.
- Simply set the investment date of the first round to the future and Tactyc will automatically capture this investment as a planned deal
- Each investment must at least have one Investment Round and one Exit Round (which could be in the future)
- Note the investment date cannot be prior to the fund’s start date (if you find yourself unable to “go back in the past”, this is the reason). Please change your fund start date in that case to match your earliest investment. For warehoused deals, they need to be entered as of the fund’s start date and they can then be “tagged” as Warehouse deals to identify them for reporting purposes.
You can also bulk import multiple investments at one with an Excel option.
- Click on Bulk Imports & Updates > Import New Investments from your main investments page
- Download the Excel template and follow the instructions
If you’ve bulk uploaded your current investment rounds, there’s two other recommended steps. These steps will let Tactyc develop forecasts and expected exit returns from your current investments:
- Build Future Rounds: After the import is finished open each investment and use the Future option under the Performance Case section to have Tactyc forecast future rounds.
- Update Exit Valuations and Exit Dates: Set expected exit valuations and exit dates for each investment as per your underwriting thesis